Monday, September 27, 2004

Spring Fever

Spring is here. The days are longer, the cool breeze and the rustle of leaves. No wonder they the say that love is in the air. Quiet walks in the park, gelato hand in hand, coffee with the papers in the open or even a couple of margaritas, it doesn’t matter. It is spring, where everything’s wiped anew. Woke up at noon with the sun on my back on Sunday, not wanting to sleep anymore, not wanting to miss the day. Took a stroll with a mate to get a drafting table my tutor is throwing out. Spring cleaning was his call for the day, for my mate, it’s a $6.30 for a full sized drafting table; $6.30 was for the cab. Lazing around till she came online. She’s JC; someone I met thought another mate, had a few coffees and dinners together. Today she’s bored; she has holidays, unlike me. She asked if I was in the city. Definitely, I live in the city. Oh good. She wants to do a little browsing, there are sales down in Myer, better yet, I wanted to get down to the newly opened GPO to get myself a shirt. We met up in Myers and sieved through pink, blue, yellow, sparking, dull, daring and provocative earrings and bracelets, she got none. Her “baby doll” bracelet was sold out so we went over to the GPO. Plain white with prints or striped with sewed on ornament? She didn’t like the one with stripes but she reckons it looks good on me. Walked out of the shop $99.95 poorer with the shirt. Moon cakes; she had this sudden carving for moon cakes, PMS she said, so the next stop was the Asian grocers. She got her moon cakes; I got my canned stewed pork ribs. The day was close to dark, not wanting to waste it, we had Vietnamese while we watch the changing ambience. I paid for dinner; she wanted to pay me back. Nah, made her pay for coffee instead. A quick stroll and we were in Starbucks, me sipping my almost hopeless commercial latte while I watch a contented little girl slurping her iced mocha. We talked about stuffs, the usual, friends, family, careers, university, and her old times, my old times with a bit of everything slipped in between. Had call it a night at ten as she has applications to be done online. Saw her off in the tram and happily walked home, feeling contented. Never mind she’s a looker, she’s nice, she’s cute, she’s serious and she’s what I’ve been looking for. There’s one catch. She’s taken! Fuck! Why does it always have to be this shit? The Unknown is in a dilemma. Now, what should I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home