Monday, January 30, 2006

Singapore

She was late, arriving half an hour at the Orchard MRT station. Before I could say a thing, she threw herself at me and frenched me right in the middle of a maddening crowd. Obviously any annoyance on my part was immediately gone.

We were en-route to have lunch in City Link when we came across this gift shop. We walked out with her handbag spotting a pink scented piggy key chain. She liked it very much. I saw her grin.

After walking for miles, we finally reached River Quay. Somehow, I must have missed a turn and we ended up near Sophie road instead. Nevertheless, we a pleasant dinner at Boat Quay since Siam II on River Quay, which I initially wanted to take her to was no longer in operation. We shared moments of passion along the more serene River Quay after.

She lost her wallet and we searched high and low at South Point for it. We ended up making a police report since we couldn’t find it. She was in tears. I gave her $50 so she could get back to Johor Bahru where her sister awaits her. We kissed for one last time and I saw her off as she disappeared as the train doors came together as I whispered I love you.

I missed my 10 pm train. I never told her I did.

It was mid 2002.

That was the very last we saw of each other.

I've never been there after that.
We never made it through that year.


In a few hours time, I will leave for Singapore. It has really been quite a while and this time I will walk down those memorable lanes without her. No laughter, no kisses and no goodbye; only tucked-away moving-still in memory.

All I seek now is to put them to rest and so there are none left to mourn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lost connection! I'm only here in SG for tonight leh.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home