Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Time and time again

Time is gonna change you, once it gets you on the run, gets you on the run

(Ben Harper – There will be a light)


I’m a sucker for nostalgia, really. I have a habit of setting high goals and most of the time I do end up achieving them or just getting close enough for me to be contented. Well, anyway, that was in the past. Time and time again I find myself sitting with a cup of tea over thoughts. Such times I browse through memories and see events from the past unfold themselves as fresh as olives in Tuscany. This act of browsing would soon lead to the act of questioning. “Where did I go wrong?” One would be amazed at the numerous times I’ve asked myself the very same question. “Did I go wrong?” Yes, I did. Somewhere along the lines, something went very, very wrong. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be sitting at the corner with these little thoughts. Perhaps I’ve mellowed down, in my ways and attitude towards life but that shouldn’t be the case now should it? I mean, I am supposed to be in prime age, where only stars are out of reach, maybe even not. Yet, everything breezes by as I gentle stroll down memory lane. Somehow or rather, things have certainly changed, I’ve changed. How much have I changed? Pretty much to some, none to the rest I guess. I’ve distanced myself from the ever bustling society, instead I opt to bask alone in the sun and really get into my cup of coffee. I hesitate to retaliate; now I listen. I no longer run and climb high and low instead I walk real slowly by the riverside watching the rest of the world pass me by. I’ve certainly mellow down haven’t I? Maybe it’s for the better maybe not. I had dreams and hopes high as Everest. Those have been pretty much reduced to a more realistic scale, maybe even less. True enough what they say, once bitten twice shy. At times I wish I wasn’t thrown the brick when I was speeding through life, but then again, I wouldn’t have learn my lesson now would I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home