Monday, April 06, 2009

the great escape

“Clause 4. The working hours of the Company are currently 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. from Mondays to Fridays. Lunch break is between 12.45 p.m. to 1.45 p.m.”

But, documented on my transport claims, I’ve been working past 10 pm for 4 out of 5 working days for the past 2 months and at times all the way until the early hours of the morning. Almost every other weekend I am told and expected to go back to work which is precisely what I did a fortnight ago and yesterday.

Today, on a Sunday, I was called up by the boss asking for my work, in which I replied I will be working from home, on a Sunday. I am told to have it done by the next day. A few hours later, I receive a text from him informing me that he wants a meeting on that certain project at 9 a.m. It is implied that my work should be done by then.

That was when my line in the sand.

I have sent an enquire to the Immigration Department of Australia to ask if there will be any implications to my Permanent Residency Application if I were to apply for a Student Visa, as I have decided to return to Melbourne for graduate studies.

I’m thoroughly done with working in Asia. By God’s will, my application for the program will be a breeze.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mei said...

Hope it goes well for you :)

11:20 AM  
Blogger The Unknown said...

:) thanks Mei and ...yeap, soon! real soon now!!

snow season better be good this year!

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home