Thursday, February 10, 2005

Happy Chinese New Year

Do not read the rest of this post if you are a Chinese traditionalist as this is just about the only happy part of this post.

I am absolutely pissed off. Since when is it alright to wake me up to visit my grandmother's grave and not wake me up when my closest cousin whom I haven't met for years came by? I still don't see the whole logic behind this. Wake me up at 9am to go grave visiting and not wake me up from my accidental nap when my cousin came around? For heaven's sake, no offences to my already passed away for a decade grandmother but I wonder who's the dead and probably gonna be dead for quite a number years to come yea?

I did not get a day or even a half day off from work on Tuesday since it really can't be helped, I won't blame anyone for that. You know it iss actually pretty depressing. Especially when the eve is spent measuring the width of carpark ramps at Bukit Bintang since we are trying to do the almost impossible solution for this particular design. Reunion dinner is as good as eating in a food court with my collegues in an empty foodcourt. It became worse when I got home and saw this home party but a group of young chaps a few apartments away. I was only having a ciggy by myself.

The first half of the New fucking Year's day was spent in the crawling fucking traffic on the highway trying to get back to my hometown. Had dinner with my mum's side and well guess what, my cousin's brought along his fiance and his sister brought along her boyfriend and I felt like a dickhead when I sat there sipping my fucking tea when everyone else is busy entertaining their partners. Soon after I found myself in a pub called Pure Bar, my buddy has got half a bottle of walker parked in this overated shit hole in Malacca, same goes for the people.

Sure the place was packed but the crowd is screwed. Packed filled with morons. Sad to say it wasn't a place for picking up any chicks, as those whom are there are taken or plain bitchy. So what if you're working in HSBC in the corporate sector? You're working in Malacca bitch. That's to the bitch for gave my dead end answer when I tried to get friendly. Having said that, the two of us (my friend and I) just sat there and sipped on walker until the palce got too packed and we moved to a mamak to cool it off. Called it a night after that. Not a good one too.

So much for the Chinese New Year. For me, it sure is cocked-up! Hope you had a better one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home