Saturday, October 13, 2007

no time to sleep

I was just a little guy with too much to think about.

Small town kid with a dream too big, I made it midway through and still plenty more to go. A few years ago, come to think of it, it had been quite a while now I thought I nearly set my foot there into the stuff of my dreams. Dreams they just were and nothing more. I got burnt like she warned I would, when the moth gets drawn too close to the fire. I wish I took her words for more than just cautionary tale from a girl about to give all that was worth to me. I ended up giving all that I was worth to her too. We both never made it through the storm sadly.

So here I am, small town kid grown big, smaller dreams to catch but alas, nevertheless with ever more to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home